SAFED is a complimentary driver development course, involving assessment & training. It's aim is to develop safe & fuel efficient driving skills of LCV drivers. It therefore should complement a broader programme of driver training management.
Why Undertake SAFED Training?
During 2003 UK Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV) activity amounted to 58 billion kilometres (Department for Transport statistics). Over 90% of this was concerned with the collection & delivery of goods, travel between homes & workplace or between travelling jobs. It can therefore be seen that LCV's can play an important role in the country’s economy.
The SAFED Training Programme Benefits:
- Numerous benefits exist for both companies and individual drivers as follows:-
- Pilot studies demonstrate a fuel saving of between 9 & 10%
- Reduced fuel costs
- Reduced impact on the environment due to reduced emissions
- Reduced down time due to road conflict
- Reduced insurance premiums
- Reduced journey times, wear & tear and driver stress & fatigue levels
Ease of transition from training to application of driving techniques
Where organisations actively monitor & manage fuel use a fleet's fuel consumption can typically be reduced by 10%, with an equivalent cost saving. By encouraging safe & fuel efficient driving techniques as part of fuel management your organisation will be making a major contribution to fuel savings and carbon emission reductions.